Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Burrrr....Grrrrr

BRRRR. I know that the chilly temps we have been experiencing here in Wisconsin are normal for December. I know that this is what we should expect to face for 5 months out of the year. But since it is the first cold snap of the season I am reminded of what I do not like about winter, and would like to do a bit of griping today....

Things I do not like about the cold:
*drippy noses
*taking longer to get the kids ready in the morning, (more clothes to get on, or should I say find)
*snow blowing down my neck
*slippery sidewalks
*cold floors in the morning
*dry skin and chapped lips
*scrapping the car windows
*hooking the blowdrier to the extinsion cord to thaw out the car doors (OK maybe we need a two car garage)

But it's not all bad, there are some things I do like about winter:
*rosy cheeks
*heated car seats
*snuggling under the covers
*the frosty crystal designs on the windows
*the white blanket of fresh snow
*finding money in my coat pockets left from last year
*Ugg boots
*my new cozy mismatched mittens that I bought in Michigan (find them at baabaazuzu)

So stay warm out there, put aside the grrrs, and try to enjoy what comes with the brrrrr.

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Cute post (and mittens!), Katherine!

Elizabeth said...

Amen! And love the mittens!!

Lola said...

I am in love with those mittens! Thanks for sharing the link!

Stephanie said...

Love this photo of you, who took it?
Cute mitten too....
why do we live in Wisconsin-tell me again?