Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deck the Walls

About 12 years ago right after we moved into this house we replaced the lead infested wood front door with a metal one. Why we ordered an off white door for our white house I am not quite sure. So for the last 12 years I have wanted to paint that door a fun color. This month after Ricky installed a full glass storm door, that put that ugly off white front door in plain view, I finally took action.

And with the timing of the season, I was also anxious to adorn that door with a festive wreath. Shopping around the price of the ones I liked were way too high so with the help of my little elf (Ricky) we picked out some supplies, and I created a wreath of my own.

It looked great on my new door....until...I shut it. Then "smoosh, squish, ugh" the wreath was too full and didn't fit between the doors.

Time for plan B. My new wreath will not deck the door for the holidays and will have to move inside to deck the wall.

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Well, it sure is beautiful. Now you can look at it more often.

Elizabeth said...

Would you like to come paint my front door?? That's been on the to do list...uh, since we built the house. Sigh. But I love the wreath!!! Start an etsy shop! ;)

Lola said...

Love the door and the wreath!

Stephanie said...

But I love it! Love that bow!!! Where are you going to put it?