Thursday, July 2, 2009

13 + One

Today we officially made it though one year with a teenager in the house. Not having alot of experience on the topic of parenting a teenager I have to say it's gone pretty good. But then again we are talking about parenting Connor...



So one teenage year down and six more to go for Connor. My wishes for him on his birthday are that he be as enthusiatic, inquisitve, fun, and confident six years form now as he is today. That he continues to be the kind of person that sits in the back yard to watch a hawk fly by, and marvel at it's beauty. Be the kind of person who holds the door for others. Be the kind of person who builds a submarine with his grandpa. Be the kind of person who stays awake in bed creating and wondering what could be. Be the kind of person who shares who he is and what he knows with others...Be Connor!

And I pray that God watches over him as he contiues to love and experiece all the excitement and opportunity that life has to offer.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Happy birthday Connor! Great picture! So, Katherine, it's not so bad being the parent of a teenager is it? You've got great kids!

Stephanie said...

Love this picture. Too cool!

Beth said...

I love your pictures. I need you to give me pointers.