Think back to those hormonal teenage days when you fell for that cutie of the opposite sex. Remember the first time that someone grabbed your hand as you walked along, announcing to anyone who caught sight that you were a couple. Remember those intertwined fingers gripped so tightly so as to not loose contact with each other.
I bring that up because the other night Ricky and I went to the Lyle Lovett concert. We parked on a street, blocks away from the Riverside Theater, and strolled through downtown Milwaukee hand in hand. Our grip was loose and natural, changing as we walked from one kind of finger grip to another. There was no awkwardness or forced affection. It was so comfortable that I noticed....
When we were at the concert my favorite Lyle Lovett song No Body Knows was played. The song always makes me a bit emotional and on this night, it may be silly, but it made me wonder if the way we hold hands has changed over the years... back at the beginning was the grip less natural, were we less knowing?
I can't remember...
But I don't want to forget how it felt on that walk though downtown the other night. I don't want to forget how it felt to have someone know me...especially when that someone is Ricky.
1 comment:
I love memories in the making like this! We tried walking with our arms around each other and had to laugh at how difficult it really is.....to try to walk in sync with someone...I love the hand hold walk...and ours feels as natural as you described!!
Post a Comment