Tuesday, June 15, 2010

While the Boys are Away

Since Saturday, Ricky, Connor, and my Dad went off on a fishing trip to celebrate Connor's graduation from St Matthias. That leaves me at home with the three other kids. We don't hear from the boys often since they have to climb a hill in order to get a phone signal. I think one day Connor said he was calling from up in a tree somewhere. The little we have heard from them, it sounds like they are having fun. And we are having some fun on our own, right here at home.

This week things have been different with 2 members absent. We have only used one roll of TP, I've gone 5 days without making a trip to the grocery store, and my house remains somewhat clean. Since my normal bed partner has left, I have not found myself alone at night. I have had each one of my little friends take a turn snuggling up with me, or sometimes kicking me until morning. Delaney has developed a new fear of her room, and freaks out about going to sleep upstairs without me by her side. (Too many closets she says.) We started the summer reading program at the library with Kevin and Kelly having goals of reading the max prize award of 2,000 minutes. (90 minutes down, 1,910 to go.) We've chased to practices, played in the rain, and baked some goodies. And to end our vacation with a bang we had a slumber party in the living room. Games, movies, pizza, and ice cream were all part of the plan with my mom coming over to join in on the fun. It's been easy and fun being a single parent of a family of 4 but I miss my two other guys. Can't wait to see them tomorrow.

No comments: