Wednesday, July 28, 2010

That Was A Long Time Ago...

My new job has me scheduled on Wednesday mornings with my favorite new friend Geneva. She is 95 years young, and as sweet as can be. Every week we have a great chat session where she tells me stories of days gone by. And at the end of her memories she looks off, and says with a little smirk and a sigh..."that was a long time ago". I love to listen to her memories and see in her face how happy her life had been.

Speaking of long time ago, it seems like forever since I posted on my blog. But I'm back. In honor of yesterday being the start of CHA here is one of my layouts created for the Bella Blvd booth using Stephanie's Socialite line.

My grandma is in the center of the photo sharing a bottle of wine with her friends on her 21st birthday. The original image hangs in the hallway of my home near my bedroom. I often catch sight of it throughout the day, and think of the stories my grandma told me about that night. How the girls had to bring in the photographer to take the photo. How "Blondie" fell asleep in the bathtub. How my Aunt Dot, who was only 16 is leaning off to the right, chugging down a bottle. But I wish I could know more...what her parents thought of the whole party? If the girl in the middle, with the straight face, not holding the drink, had any fun? What my Auntie Anne is laughing hysterically about?

But...that was a long time ago and my grandma has been gone for almost seven years now. So for today, I will just sigh and smirk, remembering how good life was when she was around to share her stories and moments with me.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Touched my heart! The good thing about imagination, and yours is wonderfully creative, is that although you might never know the real stories behind the picture, you can make some up for yourself. Maybe pray to your grandma for inspiration. I'd love to hear if you come up with any!

AnnaMarie said...

I love this post! And this layout.

Stephanie said...

I'm in love with this photograph and the story it tells too.

Mel said...

Amazing post!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What an amazing story and photo you are so lucky to have!

I love your layout and how you captured the feel of this and the meaning behind it.

Bravo!!!

Morgan said...

I saw this layout @ bella...love it!!! Awesome!