Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lemonade Stands

A summer lemonade stand. What is it that makes them so desirable for the participants? Is it the opportunity to make money? The socializing with your partner as you sit and wait? An excuse to get out of the house? Or the enjoyment of consuming the products yourself?
If you would look at my resume you would see that I have a long list of part time jobs that I have dabbled in since I became a SAHM. But the one that could best be described as my lemonade stand has been working at The Scrapbook Store.

Today I am on the schedule. And it will be one of my last days behind the counter, since the doors will be closed in about a month. Sad news except for the rumors that new owners will be reopening in the near future!! It's exciting to think of the possibility of a new store, filled to the brim with freshly made lemonade! Hopefully the rumors are true and we will all get to have a yummy taste of what the new store will offer!