When I attended college back in the day, I flip flopped my degrees quite often. I ended up graduating from ASU with a BS in Finance. Hummmmm? Some of you who know me better may ask why I choose that degree? Now, many years later, I really can't remember. I think I had the idea of having a corporate career where I would wear a suit, make loads of money, and work in a downtown high-rise.
Funny how back in my twenties, I had no idea of who I would want to be, and what my values would become when I reach my forties.
Although I have not really used my college degree for a career, I have once again been fortunate to be working in a job that is so rewarding. And interesting enough, it has brought me to work twice a week in a high-rise in downtown Milwaukee.
So maybe my job is not a career, it definitely does not bring in a load of money, but it is a calling of sorts where I feel I am making a difference. And each day when I am up on this 24th floor looking out at this beautiful view I can't help feel closer to God and know that I am in the right place (for right now anyway).
2 comments:
I am certain you are making a difference in your current career of choice. How lucky those elderly folks are to have someone as caring and fun as you. And getting great photos along the way, too!
Wow, Katherine! Great job, great view, great calling from God to bring you to this special place in your life!
Post a Comment