I had trouble sleeping last night. The beagle, who sleeps at the foot of my bed was not snoring during the night like she usually does. Strange that that wouldn't make me sleep better?
The reason it kept me awake is because we were told this week that she has a tumor. News that has made me hypersensitive to any change in her behavior, even a lack of snoring. News that has Ricky and I deciding how long to wait before we put her to sleep.
These are the times I hate being an adult.
We've shared the news with our kids and they are understanding. I know for sure our old friend has received a few extra treats and some additional attention to make her life a bit more special these past few days. And we have had some good conversations about how everyone is feeling.
Delaney came home from school yesterday with a letter for Mable...
Me too:(
2 comments:
Oh, Katherine, I'm so sorry! I hope this time is ok for you and your family and that your last memories of her are happy.
Me, too. Mable is blessed to have such a wonderful family to love her.
Post a Comment