If you go to the Bella Blvd blog today you will find layout about me at the age of 43. On the blog I have a short write up about the creative process, but there is a small amount of journaling on the layout that I didn't mention on the Bella blog, and would like to post about here.
But I really lived this phrase this weekend while camping in Door County. There is nothing like spending time in the woods with weather, out houses, and tents to let you know life is not perfect.

A little background...My family takes a yearly camping trip on Labor day with a group of wonderful people. But no mater how wonderful....for the past 6 years or so, Kevin and I have elected to stay home. A while ago I created this layout about that situation.
But this year we did not take our yearly vacation to White Lake so Kevin and I decided that we should spend some time with the family and journeyed up to the north woods.From the NON-air mattress that had a leak, to the cold, windy weather, to the flat tier on the trailer on the way home, the trip was less than perfect, but still filled with a unlimited list of blessings.

But since we have been home the girls keep asking if I am coming back next year....I can't answer that...I guess it depends on whether or not when I'm 44 if I still will be thinking that life doesn't have to be perfect to be a blessing, or at least if I need my bed at home and running water for that perfection to happen.

One thing that is always perfect is my hubby. He did everything to make sure our trip was a good one. But I always know he is a blessing!
Besides him, there were good friends, fun adventures, much needed down time, and a look at God's beauty that you can fully appreciate when you are living right in it.
1 comment:
I love it. You're great.
Post a Comment