Saturday, September 3, 2011

Special Delivery


I am not usually too anxious to bring in the mail. Truth is that the piles of papers and envelopes, on a daily basis, don't make it thru the front door until Ricky carries them in after work. But this week has been different. I have been checking the mail box to see if this special edition of Creating Keepsakes has arrived at my door. I was disappointed everyday until yesterday, when a brown box finally arrived. When I opened it up, Yippee!!! there was the magazine and a mini album of mine.

The mini was not only inside the box, but inside the publication as well! I am so excited!!

How this came about was that months ago I was asked to create a "budget friendly" mini album using a Bella Blvd line of my choice and instructed to use only stickers as embellishments. Easy-peasy with those great Bella Stickers and cut out shapes!

I decided just because I was only using stickers for embelishments the album did not have to be simple. I misted, painted, distressed, doodled, and layered piece after piece to load it up with all sorts of goodies.

I used the family dynamics line, and created a little book for Connor, giving him a bit of advice from mom...

If you ask him, I am sure he would say I have too much advice to give, but for this mini I had to keep it to 4 pages, so I could only include a few major points. I would have liked to include words of wisdom like pick up your socks instead of leaving them lay all over the house, but I decided to save that, and other similar tidbits for another time.

Instead, I offered the advice to be content and to embrace the affection and love of others. To create my journaling I used all those great little pieces the Bella stickers have to offer, plus some hand writing to fill in the gaps.

I also suggested he surround himself with good people and good friends. And to learn from those people how to be a better person.


I am honored to be included in this CK special issue with some other great projects and designers. If you would like to see more or purchase a copy of your own you can find it at Creating Keepsakes.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I love it, Katherine! You are so talented, and this mini book has such meaning. I love the way you create!

Gail said...

This is the cutest mini! You almost made me cry though! Congratulations on being published again!

Elizabeth said...

You never cease to amaze me!! You can take a project that sounds so simple and make it over the top amazing!! (So you kept the ribbons on the rings afterall? :)

Robin said...

OMG!!!! You are famous!!! I love it. Your talent is truly amazing! You are such a gifted person. I love that I know you and once in awhile I get to scrap with you. Can't wait to pick up a copy of this book for my craft room -- I might just have to "scraplift" this mini for a cute gift for my daughter. Congrats for being published! Way to represent Milw!

sherRae said...

Congrats Katherine! Your mini book is truly amazing. You must be very proud of your accomplishments.