Thursday, September 15, 2011

Scrappy about New York


On the last post there were little sneeks of a mini album I made for Kevin about our trip to NYC.

I have been putting this mini together over the past year and gave it to him for his birthday. I thought I would share it with you today.

For those of you who do not know Kevin won a Scholastic writing contest where he earned a trip to New York. He was one of 10 winners that were selected out of 8000 entries. He had to write about his favorite book which he chose as the Dr Suess book "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are". I included his paper on the first page.

The first thing we did was go to the Ground Zero Museum


And after that we went to Bill's Bar and Burgers. The BEST milkshakes ever!!! for $7.95 they should be yummy.

I made a pocket on some of the pages to slip in the goodies we collected from various destinations.

Had to take some photos of the boy in the city.

And I loved this Basic Grey line for the album. It had so many great images to tell the story of our trip together.
I added a Maya Road craft envelope and inside is a love note from me to Kevin about how much fun I had going with him, and thanking him for the opportunity.

Then some photos from Times Square. There were so many things there that were so big...


And so bright. I love the photo of the two of us on the street. I was trying to take it of ourselves when a man came along and offered to take it of us. Let me tell you I was a little apprehensive to pass of my camera off to some strange man on the streets of New York, but you have to take some risks in the name of Scrapbooking.
Then there was our wrong turn that lead us to an hour visit at this little New York City hat shop.


We had bunches of fun there with the "hat girl"

And of coarse there was the big Taylor Swift event.

And the autograph from the celeb that says "I heart Kevin" That is so funny.


Had to add a page about the cabs, the walking, the subway. It was a major part of our time together. Especially since we could not find a way back to our hotel and we were running in the rain to be back in time to catch our ride.

And then Kevin's favorites about the trip.
On the back cover I included the itinerary from Scholastic.

I think Kevin really liked his book. He took it to school to show his teacher. I'm so glad to have the memories.

1 comment:

jessicaj said...

I remember scrapping with you shortly after I had Olivia and you were working on it. So awesome to see it all done! I love it...but I always love your work.