Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to School

It's that time of year again. Getting ready for back to school. I may be one of the few moms that actually likes shopping for the school supplies. I take the kids along on the journey and let them have the little pleasure of picking the yellow notebook or the blue, and indulge in Delaney's excitement to discover all her "pink" supplies coordinate.

But I find it a personal challenge to cross off the multitude of items on the list, only feeling a sense of accomplishment if I do so at the lowest price possible. Heaven forbid that I would pay top dollar for any of those supplies. It seems I would rather study newspaper ads week after week, and drive miles out of my way in order to purchace Crayola crayons and wide ruled notebooks on sale for $.20 instead of the recomended retail price of $.99
On the Bella Blvd blog today they are also celebrating back to school with some projects from the new Midterm line. The colors and patterns are fantastic and coordinate just perfectly with those red and blue plaid uniforms that my kids wear everyday. Here is a bit of what I created from the line for CHA.
Seems like I just took this picture of Connor and his friends on their last day of grade school together. Summer goes by way to fast! I can't believe school starts back in less than a week. But I can't be in denial, it's 4pm, time to head up to school and meet the teachers, load up the car with the kids, the backpacks, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, notebooks, crayons, tissue, markers, pencils, dictionaries....I guess the best part of back to school is getting all those school supplies I shopped for out of my kitchen and back to school!

No comments: