Thursday, June 9, 2011

Here We Go Again

There have been no classes at St Matthias since Tuesday, and Connor has his last two finals this morning, so at 10:40am on June 9th summer vacation officially starts for the McElvain family!

I took a picture like this two years ago, and seeing the towels on the fence yesterday I realize not much has changed. The swimsuits and towels may be a bit bigger, but just like in the past I had to collect the soggy wet articles from throughout the house and give them to their owners to remind them to hang them up to dry. Ahhh summer?

So here is to summer. A prayer for patience, to be safe, and to enjoy the gifts of each other, and the pleasures that these three warm months bring to us this year.

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

patience. yes, i need lots and lots of patience, with summer break here. lol!