Monday, June 6, 2011

New Wheels

On Saturday it is Delaney's 8th birthday. I am so excited to give her a new bike that we picked out for her. Being the 4th child, she has had all hand me down bikes over the years, and will be so excited and surprised to get a new one!

That excitement brings back a memory of my own. When I was 4 years old my grandma and grandpa gave me my very own new set of wheels! Oh how I loved that little yellow car.
It must have set a precedence, because the first car I learned to drive in was a yellow Pontiac Phoenix...I loved that car as well, but I will save that story for another post. Anyway, my first yellow car lasted over 3 decades, even making a home with other families as their children grew. Then, it eventually made its way back to my house and my own kids took it out for spins around the neighborhood. But it was not looking too good after all the years, and after my 4 were finish with it, off to the dump it went:(
But I created a scrapbook page about "my super cool little yellow dream machine" for Bella Blvd and it is featured on the Bella Blog . Thanks for looking and reminiscing with me today!

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

this layout is so fun! i loved it when i saw it on the bella blvd blog! love the yellow and grey together.