Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Let the Creative Juices Flow...

A holiday weekend is right around the corner. Many people are preparing for backyard picnics, parades, and fireworks. I have been preparing as well, but not for July 4th.

Instead, I have been down in my basement organizing and clearing my scrap space to get ready to do some scrapbooking. This is the exciting time of year when I receive a bag full of top secret, Bella Blvd goodies, in order to transform them into projects for the Bella Blvd booth at CHA. But since that is all hush hush right now, today I'll show you some other creativity that is going on in the newly organized and clean McElvain basement.

Yesterday the kids started a class from Big Picture Scrapbooking called Kidding Around 2. The concept is that the kids journal, doodle, and decorate a K&Company Smash Book for six weeks though out the summer.
They are given prompts and assignments Monday thru Friday, and of coarse like most things we are a bit late in starting the class (like a week). But now that I have a space set up for them downstairs, they are ready to go create! And I can tell that starting late won't be a problem, because last night they were motivated to keep working on assignment after assignment.

So the first day we have doodle and decorated the intro page and the page about "who I am". These books are going to be truly theirs with no help from mom. A treasure for the future, and fun way to see how they think and create the same project differently at the ages they are at right now. I think I have even talked Connor into joining in on the project.

There has been one little girl has also joined us for our creative sessions no matter what, although she looks rather uninterested.

That little Myrtle follows the family where ever we go. She is such a sweetie!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is so cool! I love that your kids are participating in Big Picture Scrapbooking's workshops. I can't wait to hear and see updates!