Friday, October 28, 2011

First Frost

Woke up slowly this chilly morning. It started like most others...getting ready for school, but with a little extra halloween school day prep today. As I headed out the door with the girls I dreaded scraping the car windows for the first time this year. Thinking about how there are people that live in other neighborhoods with garages that fit their cars and just drive away in the morning (what a concept). Sigh, it would be nice to have a bigger garage. But unlike last year when I used a dust pan as a scrapper to attack the first frosty windows, this year I found an actual tool in the back of the car. Things were looking up. And as we pulled out of the alley, defrosters blasting, the day immediately became better.

The view at the end of the block was beautiful...
And I remembered this is why I live here. On the way home I had to go for a walk in my neighborhood. Because among the small houses and garages is this place that on some days becomes a paradise of sorts...
to stop, slow down, and give a prayer of thanks for the beautiful place that God created.