Friday, November 6, 2009

Teenage Years...Fishy Friday

Ricky and Connor went fly fishing on the Milwaukee River today. A much needed retreat after a hectic week.

This photo of Connor standing in the middle of the river with his catch, wearing my dad's goofy waders and his favorite Ambacrombie sweatshirt, shining that big smile full of braces and pride, is a moment in time I need to focus on...

Right now it is the image of my first baby who is growing up and learning about the world, the little boy who is always the most enthusiastic about any project or idea, the young man who has a big heart, if he just would let it show a little more often, the teen who says his grandpa is one of his best friends, and the boy who I know is turning out to be a good man.

I guess I can make it though those teenage years. I just have to see and hold onto the little moments like today!

No comments: