Ricky and I agree that no one has ever pushed us to the edge, and made us so angry as some of our children have. Add to that an advanced teenage child, who is well witted at sarcasm, and quick with flagrant digs; the result can produce a very negative affect on a parent. So what happens when the tension builds? In our house, there are usually some firm words from the parent followed by either a blank unknowing look, or some arguments from the teen. Voices are not raised on a regular basis, but sometimes it comes to that.
After one heated argument between he and his father, Connor did some healthy "art therapy" and sketched this image. During the dispute Ricky and his first born were feeling and sounding like this little guy looks. Therefore I'll pretend not to know if it is suppose to resemble the dad or the kid.
...Ok, I'll confess that Connor admitted he drew the irate creature to mimic his Dad...If it wasn't such a great display of reality he certainly should be grounded!
1 comment:
reading your posts about the teenage years makes me think about when I was a teenager. oh...some days I would feel so bad for my mom.
Post a Comment