This is Kevin dressed for plaid day at Mosaic at Elmbrook Church (looking a lot like Beaver Cleaver don't you think?). Just one of the fun activities my kids are able to participate in. I don't feel like we go over the top with scheduling. It is just busy every day with four kids. Each has their activity that they participate in...BUT when everyone has their one thing scheduled on the same night, even with carpools and help, it can make for a hectic evening!Tuesdays are that night for our family. In fact, on one Tuesday a month on top of Delaney and Kelly's swimming (at two different high schools), Kevin's going out to Elmbrook for Mosaic, and Connor's guitar lessons, I teach a class at the SBS. This month my mom was out of town on the Tuesday when I taught and we (my dad and I, but I'll blame it on my dad:) spaced out the guitar lessons. Not good.
Last night was going to be our last busy Tuesday since some activities are coming to a close. But I was pleasantly surprised when Delaney's swimming was canceled, and Kelly went to a friend's house. Cut out two of the four plans, and I feel liberated. I even got a few things done around the house.
Last night made me look forward not only to the end of busy Tuesdays but also the end of school. I need those unscheduled, lazy days of summer. Unscheduled???? Who am I kidding!?
1 comment:
I laughed so hard! It is those really crazy days that pull us all together as families hey? Now that the "Tuesdays" will slow down you should start something new.... Margarita Tuesdays -- for MOM!
Post a Comment