Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School Days

Let me tell you about the first day of school...

3am Puppy jumped off bed. Ricky let her outside
3:15 Puppy barking outside. Ricky let her inside
4am Delaney comes into our bed nervous about her first day of school
4:10 Puppy jumps off bed but goes upstairs to sleep with Kelly.
6:05 Alarm goes off. Hit snooze
6:15 Alarm goes off. Hit snooze
6:25 Alarm goes off. Hit snooze
6:35 Alarm goes off. Wake Kevin. Crawl back in bed
6:45 Alarm goes off. Wake the girls

Side story:
So I go to wake Kelly, and Myrtle is still sleeping so peacefully
at the foot of her bed. She looks up at me with her sweet puppy eyes and
wags her tail. Awe..."she is so sweet" I think to myself. I sit on the side of the
bed to wake Kelly and....I feel something cold and wet leak up through my
pajama pants? I think to myself as I stand up to investigate, what spilled?
I turn around to investigate and what do I see?
A smushed piece of mushy poop!
That good for nothing puppy pooped on Kelly's bed
and I sat in it! WHAT?!?!

6:47 Kelly wakes up quickly
7:00 Ricky leaves for work
7:10 Grandpa picks up Kevin
7:35 Girls are ready to head out the door

7:45 Discover our usual road to school is closed. Detour
7:55 Arrive safely
8:00 Enjoy a donut and some time with St Matthias parents
8:30 Head home
11:00 Connor wakes up (must be nice)

Durning the day I did a bunch of stuff around the house
but got nothing done.

3pm Pick up kids from school
3:15 Home to discover Connor was not watching the dog and she ate a big chunk of fabric off our chair in the living room. Anyone want a cute beagle puppy?
4:15 Take Kevin to Grandma's
4:30 Take Kelly to swim
5:15 Ricky at the gym to coach Kelly's volleyball team
5:30 Take Connor to volleyball
5:45 Pick up Kelly from swim
6pm Drop Kelly at volleyball
6:15 Pick up Delaney from a friends
Grocery Shop
7:30 Pick up Connor from volleyball
8:30 Ricky back to the gym to coach Kevin's volleyball team
8:45 Kelly and I make Kevin a birthday treat for school
9:30 Girls in bed
10pm Drop Connor at his friends
10:30 Give Kevin a foot massage
11pm Kevin in bed

Clean up house
Watch a bit of TV
12:30 to bed


Now let me tell you about the second day of school...

The puppy slept in her kennel
I did not sit in poop
The road to school is reopened
XM radio is turned on in my car for two weeks free starting today:)
Looking at the calendar I only have one place to drive tonight
I am home alone with my dogs posting on my blog
I am even thinking of crawling back into bed for a bit


Wow what a difference a day makes!

3 comments:

sherRae said...

Ah, like when did you guys eat dinner? And I'll take the puppy! She's so cute but I didn't sit in poop either. lol

AnnaMarie said...

I sure hope your days are usually like Day 2! Thanks for the reminder why I don't need a puppy. And I also hope my kids will wear uniforms to school someday! :)

Stephanie said...

You're hilarious! Don't know if this should make me scared to have children or scared to drive a mini van and be a taxi driver.