Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pinterest Project Weekend

So I have recently been introduced to Pinterest (still have troubles saying the word) and it has been a world of fun! I love how all my ideas can stay organized on my boards and the links are right there for me to access when I finally have time to get to the things that capture my attention. It is a much better alternative for me than marking things in my bookmarks bar or dropping them in my very unorganized iphoto.

That being said I am going to make time this weekend to try this little project I found on Pinterest. I have been wanting to make some homemade garland for a while now. I have seen paper ones to sew, things you have to cut out. All seems like work. This one is just stringing little felt balls on a piece of embroidery floss.
Although at the same site I found the project they had instructions to make my own felt balls from wool (again that would be like work) I ordered my own from HandBEHG felts. I liked this shop because the balls came in small quantities where you could choose a single color or a combo bag. I of coarse wanted one of each color but controlled myself and made choices (just like I always tell my kids, lol) I purchased a good mix of colors. Some strategically selected to make a strand to hang in the girls room, and some just for fun.

So it's off to gathering my girls to do some felt ball stringing. Hope it is as easy as it looks and it is the PInterest fun I hope for.

No comments: