Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Remodel

T'was two weeks before Christmas...

...and all through my yard,
there were piles full of garbage,
...to look out there was hard!

Oh yes, with our new siding project things have been in a state of transition around here for about a week now. Not a long enough time to start complaining, but I am anxious to get things finished. Haha, who am I kidding...nothing in our house ever gets finished.

And that thought brings me to my next topic of door knobs...

About 8 years ago we did some major remodeling to our home. We moved walls to make a new kitchen and a new bedroom including new interior doors...but no new door knobs. And today there are still a few knobless doors in our home.

It's not that I haven't shopped for new knobs. But there are a couple of problems with making a purchase. First I seem to have a hard time choosing from the multitude of options I thought were oh so cute. And second, when I find one I like, it is too hard to hand over the hundred or two hundred dollars to pay for it. So we just went without.


But now, besides the new siding almost being complete, we do have a new side entry door installed.

With a very cute and sturdy new door handle.

You could say it is a one of a kind. At least it will be a one of a kind in our house. Instead of picking out handles and knobs like normal decorators, Ricky and I went with the offer from Milwaukee Millwork to buy their sample boards for $35 each. That is the whole board for $35!

So we have a whole slue of cool handles and knobs for doors in our house and at a bargain price!

None will be matching, but that fits our style. I think our sales consultant described it as "eclectic". I like how that sounds.

And my little elf is working hard on getting our new front door ready for its new door knob. I don't know what I would do without that elf...thanks SO MUCH Dad!!!

So to continue our Christmas story this year....
On drywall, on door jams, on gutters and lights
On door knobs, and mailbox, and to all a good night!

No comments: