I don't know what is more fun... having your wedding party dance down the isle, or having The Office take that part of your wedding and mimic it for their show.
At our wedding Ricky and I did not dance down the isle, I don't know that any part of our wedding would have been YouTube worthy, but tonight, on the eve of our anniversary, as we sat together for our Thursday night TV date we had a lot of laughs, and we remember our wedding day. We remembered our YouTube moments...the photographer falling out of the Zoo-mobile, Mrs. Kennedy and my parents friends joined arm and arm dancing to Bye Bye Ms American Pie, Polly's toast and toast and toast, goose poop on our shoes, all the old ladies huddled under the heater vent with Mr Fitz, the poem Emery wrote for my parents to read to me, crying during our first dance, and best of all the start to the rest of our life together.
So back then and tonight, sixteen years latter, like the song says, "I guess I've waited my whole life for this one night." Even if now it is not a YouTube worthy night, but just a simple night of sitting at home, watching TV, and hanging out together. It's fun and wonderful and I'll be waiting for more because I am spending them with Ricky.
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You are an obvious match made in heaven! Sigh...
Happy Anniversary!! I usually don't catch "The Office" but saw part of it last night...I think the couple who made it a web sensation should feel honored :)
Yeah Happy Anniversary!Ok how cool is that to dance down the isle t like that!!!!! I so need to convince my sister to do this! How fun is that!
Oh, that's so wonderful. I really, really miss you. And Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment