
I never work too hard at making my hair look just right. But some days I give it even less effort than normal. On those days the makup stays in the drawer and I don't even get the blow drier out. The results of my lack of effort can been seen by my flat lifeless locks. This week I had one of those lazy days and paid the price.
A little 4 year old boy came up to me at school and excitedly informed me, "you are just like Harry Potter."
Hummm?
"Yeah" he went on , "you look like that teacher in the movie, you know, the mean one with long hair?"
WHAT?!?!? SNAPE????? UGHHHH!!!!!!
Not really the person you want to be compared too. In an attempt to deny the resemblence I offered up the information up to my children. They all had the same reaction...."Yeah, today your hair does kind of look like Snape's."
OUCH! The conversation just gets worse! "And your nose kind of looks like his too." Who asked those pipsqueeks for more input than what was said about the hair?
Then they did tell me that there is a difference between the two of us (me and my look alike)....so there is a glimmer of hope....they observed I am not as pale as he is. I'll take what I can get, Yippee??
I guess I have to face the reality. Even though, in the past I have been compared to some famous figures that are much more pleasant to look at, I can see how I do resemble Snape in some ways. Guess I better wear some lipstick and get a makeover.
1 comment:
You do NOT resemble Snape in any way!!!! I think it's heavy duty punishment time at the McElvain house! I'd have everybody scrubbing floors and washing dishes and probably no tv for a year! You are beautiful! You are a beautiful child of God inside and out! You radiate His glory and love in all you do and in all that you are!
(FYI-Snape is my favorite HP character! I love his voice and how he snaps out his words with venom. But, you don't sound like him either!)
Love you!
Post a Comment