One way to get special attention in this crazy family of six is to catch a cold or the flu and stay home from school. It might be a sad statement, but that is the way you are guaranteed some alone time with mom. Kelly was that kid this week. Monday she took advantage her fever had some down time in front of the TV. But as soon as the books came home from school she was up and working, and working, and working, all the way up to the time she had to go back to school today.
If you would have told me 15 years ago, before I was a parent,, that I would have to try to teach one of my children how to rest and relax I would have thought you were out of your head. But this week that became the lesson. So today I am here posting on my blog, sitting in my slippers, sipping a cup of hot chocolate. I guess I have decided to take some of my own advice and slow down if only for a short while...I highly recommend it.
1 comment:
hope she is feeling better.....sweet story. Love the photo!
Post a Comment