It has been so dreary here in Wisconsin. And on top of that, this week has been one of those "it's exhausting to be a mom" weeks. Last night all the misery came to a head. It seemed like almost everyone in the family had some kind of issue. So I am in need of a post reminding myself to get away from the gloomy, keep looking at the positive, and to keep my sunny side up! So here I go.....
Gloomy: Connor got a demerit at school today.
Sunny: A whole quarter of the school year down before getting his first official scolding.
Gloomy: I feel like I am never home lately...my house is out of control.
Sunny: I went away on a field trip to Illinois with my friend Elizabeth for the day and skipped out of school lunch duty. If I'm going to spend the day away it should be with a friend shopping instead of standing on the playground.
Gloomy: Ricky has a huge kink in his neck.
Sunny: At least he can turn his head in one direction (Sorry pal that is as sunny as it gets).
Gloomy: I so need a hair cut and color.
Sunny: Velcro rollers work wonders on creating some body.
Gloomy: They do nothing for the grey.Gloomy: Delaney lost her library book.
Sunny: Found it.
Sunny: That grade doesn't go in until midterm. He has weeks to get it done.
Gloomy: I'm a bad pet owner and completely forgot to pick up Mable from the vet after she had her teeth cleaned.
Sunny: My mom called to check in to see how she was doing...I realized my dog was not home and was able to race over to the vet to get her right before they closed.
Gloomy: Kelly's Halloween costume is 5 inches too long.
Sunny: Her personal seamstress (Grandma) came over to do some adjustments.
Sunny: The 8th grade boys beat the girls A team at the pep rally. Makes for a happy teenager in my house.
Sunny: We have 2 out of 7 pumpkins carved...that is 2 more than last year.
Sunny: The office is on tonight.
Ahhh...I feel better already.
Anything sunny in your world? Feel free to share....
1 comment:
gloomy: this terrible October weather
sunny: having a friend like you :)
Sorry to hear you almost forgot Mable (though I think it's funny). Happy to hear the boys won!
Post a Comment