Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Embrace the Blur

Photo challenges...my biggest is indoor photos in poor light. I hate to use the flash (and not because I dropped my camera and now have a piece of tape holding it in place). Without the flash the image has a look that needs some serious editing afterwards. Yuck!

Shutter Sisters had a great post last week about embracing the blur. Keeping the shutter speed slow and letting life's moments be captured as they are....a blur.

What better place and time to embrace the blur than at a preschool Mother's Day party?
So I tried...
And tried again....

But I'm not quite embracing it. I still like the photos that don't have the blur and that need to spend some time embracing Photoshop.
I guess I'll have to keep practicing my blur technique. I know my family will give me plenty of opportunities.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the candy buttons wrapped around the napkin.

Wendy Lee said...

great job on getting them *in the blur* spinning in dress up clothes! Sounds like a fun thing to try!! She is a doll Katherine!!!! :)