Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Morning Prayer

Every Sunday we prepare for morning mass. Picture for a moment a peaceful gathering of our family seated around the table ready to share a breakfast of pancakes and bacon while looking over the readings for that day.

OK, now erase that picture and view reality.... our family in a hectic mess, kids grabbing sugar sweetened cereal, siblings teasing, dishes on the sink, the teenager over primping, shoes gone missing, mom combing hair, Dad writing checks, warnings about hurrying, behaving and staying clean, and at the end of it all...arriving late to church.

No matter how hard Ricky and I try to make Sunday morning different, this is our fate.


So as I sat at church today, still frazzled from the morning ritual, I took a moment to reflect during the quiet moments mass allows. Unsurprisingly my prayers, like those every Sunday, seemed to center around patience and guidance. And then a prayer of thankfulness for those 4 gifts God has given me that cause the need for me to pray for the patience and the guidance.

I guess Sunday morning, with all of it's chaos, is a necessary reminder to help me see my blessings.


3 comments:

Anne said...

I LOVE it! The best ever! The picture is cute and the story is so real and so like everyone's life! Thanks for sharing your life on this blog, it's awesome and awe-inspiring!

AnnaMarie said...

That picture is awesome. And believe me, even in the hectic world of 8 kids, those spiritual teaching moments made it through the chaos somehow. So just keep it up.

Wendy Lee said...

photo of your sweethearts.......AWESOME!!! love the truth about getting ready for church.....so true, even when I was growing up!! Thanks for sharing a peek into your life Katherine!! :)