Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goodbye Preschool

Oh boy, today was the last day of preschool. Really...THE LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL. Delaney is my baby so I will not have another little one in the glorious half days of playing games and making friends while learning some ABC's. After summer vacation all my peeps will be in school all day. I will have the house to myself. There will be no one home with me in the morning to help bake cookies, I won't hear the word "Mommy" called out countless times, no interrupted phone calls, no helper to fill the shopping cart with unneeded grocery treats, no one to give me spontaneous hugs and kisses.

Sigh...I'm not quite sure how I feel about all that.
When I asked Delaney how she felt about her last day of school she seemed a bit unclear herself ....."I'm kind of sad because I don't get to hang around with my friends anymore. But I'm happy because now I get to be with you more Mommy."
Well, that's just what I needed to clear up my emotions...would someone please pass the tissue.

2 comments:

Wendy Lee said...

awe Katherine,

I am with you on this. Annalise just finished her last day of Kindergarten (half days) and she will be full day this fall. Amazing how our babies are becoming such *big* little people. (((HUGS))) to you!!!

Christina said...

I know how you feel! I asked Lily if she was excited to start jr k in about 85 days. She said, "yeah, but only for half days, I will miss you too much!" I can't believe how fast the time goes! I can't believe Nathan will no longer be in "gartens" but in grades. So exciting, but so quickly they grow up!