This morning the alarm goes off at 6:30 and I wake up to Ricky telling me that we forgot to pull the van around to the alley last night. I have to say our tax dollars are well spent paying the West Allis police to drive up and down the city streets in the wee hours of the night and giving people parking tickets. And now the city of West Allis is $20 richer because we left out van on the street. So that was how I started my day... Ugh!
With kids to get ready for school, I reluctantly rolled out of bed, went to the window, and opened my shade. I was greeted with blue sky, and the warm sun. Looking out, I saw that my little part of the world had been transformed. After the thunderstorm during the night plants and leaves that were not there on Wednesday, were bursting and blooming throughout the yard.
And this little geranium that only bloomed one flower since I planted it last year showed countless buds of orange flowers. That made me happy... Happy to open my shade, forget the little mishaps that really do not matter, and see my blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment