Monday, August 24, 2009

Got It Covered

The lost art of covering books with paper bags has been recaptured tonight if you are the parent of a St Matthias student. If you are the parent of four St Matthias students you could be crowned Queen of the paper bag covered books. Let me announce...I am the Queen. 

Much to my dismay, our school has banned those easy to put on, colorful, fun, stretchy book covers, that a plan ahead parent may have already purchased. So tonight I was on an unexpected flashback to my grade school days of cutting, and taping, and folding to cover my childrens' books.

Kelly was my only child who was disappointed that she does not get to adorn her books with the fun stretchy patterns we had already purchased.  I will admit that the scrapbooker in me empathises with her and thinks all that craft paper needs some colorful embellishments.



1 comment:

Anne said...

Your books look much neater than mine! Why don't you just give in to your scrapbooker self and adorn a few of those books with stickers and other embellishments. Kelly could have the best book covers around!