Wednesday, August 26, 2009

SAHM?

For the last 15 years my job, almost 24/7, is being a stay at home mom. Yesterday, for the first time, all four kids have gone off to school for the whole day. That leaves me wondering if my job title has changed? 

Maybe now the STAM acronym changes to.... 
SAHC=stay at home cleaner
SAHO=stay at home organizer
SAHGS=stay at home grocery shopper
SAHDS=stay at home dog sitter
SAHB=stay at home blogger
SAHE=stay at home exerciser (only on a really slow day)
SAHWP=stay at home weed puller
and lets not forget SAHS=stay at home scrapbooker

I guess the list could go on, and that is just during the day. I realised yesterday when the kids got home I was fully thrust into the SAHM roll again. I had to help with homework, get snacks, take to practice, give hugs, listen to stories and just be there for the four of them. 

And  today, my first day fully home alone, I've come to the conclusion that while they are away, they are still so much a part of the things I do during the day.

SAHM is inclusive of all of the above. The job is mine, always evolving, and I am blessed to continue to have the title!

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Yes, I'd agree that SAHM still applies. Love this post!

Elizabeth said...

yup, I agree with Annamarie : )

And you'll be proud to know I sat on the computer all morning yesterday and ordered 70 pictures. But I am having them shipped, so they won't be here by Friday. That's okay-I still have 2 12x12 bins full of "preplanned" pages from previous crops/trips!

Beth said...

Enjoy the days...you deserve it!!