Friday, August 28, 2009

So as we all know Delaney started school this week. I am sure her first week in kindergarten is like many things in her life, filled with excitement and drama, but I'm also sure she is having fun and learning some valuable lessons. That's not to say that much can be learned outside of school. This week was proof of that. Her are some new lesson's Delaney has learned at home....


Wednesday's lesson: Eating corn on the cob is an excellent way to put change in your pocket.
The first bite into dinner on Wednesday was filled with panic, when Delaney saw blood on her ear of corn. Shock was soon over come by elation, when Ricky placed in her hand, her little baby tooth. The rest of the evening was filled with anticipation of the tooth fairy's first visit to her pillow.


Kelly commented on a lesson that Delaney may learn in the future. That although this time the tooth fairy came for Delaney on the first night, that in the future she may have to be patient. Kelly knows from experience since earlier this week, that tooth fairy was so busy and tired, that it took her three nights to get Kelly her due change under her pillow for a tooth that she had lost.


Thursday's lesson: never sit on a bee, especially when you are in your swim suit. Delaney learned that if you do, you will get a big OUCH right in the tush! I learned how loud Delaney can scream. As for the bee, he was worse off than her little butt.



Tonight's lesson: stay tuned...
I don't know what it will be, but if I learned anything, it's that if it involves Delaney, it will definitely have some drama.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh! Our tooth fairy has a tendency to come a few nights late as well...

Beth said...

It only took the Tooth Fairy 3 days, my kids have waited longer than that due to a very forgetful Fairy!

AnnaMarie said...

That's so funny about the late tooth fairy...and the bee. Ouch. Katie will never know about the tooth fairy, as I will make her throw away her teeth. It grosses me out.