This morning I woke up about 6am in my own bed, uncomfortably sandwiched between Delaney and Kevin. As I looked over at Kevin he gave me a sleepy, heartfelt smile and whispered "I wanted to snuggle with you on your birthday, is that ok?" Of coarse that's ok...who needs sleep on their birthday anyway?
When I was a kid my birthday always seemed to mark the conclusion to summer. School had usually started, and the days seemed to be getting noticeably shorter. So today, as Kevin quickly fell back to sleep in my bed, I lay there at 6 am wondering where the summer had gone.
The days of sun and fun have gone by so fast. I realize I spent three months wearing flip flops, but never found time to paint my toes. There were many memories that I wanted to post on my blog, but couldn't find free minutes to sit at the computer. Looking ahead...the September calendar is already filled with sports, and school (hope I get that renewal to satellite radio for my birthday; looks like I'll be spending a lot of time in the car) The near reality is that we will have to wake up early, and once again be tied to a schedule. There will be no more time for sharing a book in a tree. The kids will be back behind the desk....and I will be home alone with the dogs....Hmmm.
1 comment:
Well Happy Birthday Katherine! Love the picture! Maybe with everyone in school, you will finally have time to paint your toenails, only, they'll be hidden under your shoes! It'll be your little secret!
Post a Comment