SUMMER, STATE FAIR, DRIVE THU, CREAM PUFFS....
That combination makes for a nutritious breakfast.
What great concept....that I don't have to go to the fair to get a cream puff. Just call ahead, set my alarm, drive 5 minutes, and pick up our treat without even having to get out of my car....I could have stayed in my jammies.
But even cream puff picking up is not without controversy...
Here is the story...Never picking up cream puffs before, I didn't realise that the line of traffic on 84th street was for the drive thru. As I inched my way up I saw the opportunity to jump in line. A SUV with girl on the phone left a nice gap for me. As I slid into line I heard a BEEP! I waved a thank you to the girl behind me still on the phone. She waved back, but only with her middle finger. Hummm...is it really necessary to be so angry while picking up cream puffs?
The funny part is today, the perky girl who was cashiering for the drive thru was unexpectedly handing out two free State Fair tickets when you picked up your order. She informed me with a big happy smile on her face that I got the last two tickets for the day. I might have felt bad that the girl behind me missed out on the tickets because I skipped in line; might have, if she wouldn't have been such a big grump!
3 comments:
we also love our cream puffs for breakfest around here! It is a fun thing we look forward to every year.
Makes my cinnamon rolls seem *not so bad* as a breakfast food! :)
This post is hilarious! Tyler liked it too. You're so funny, and these stories always happen to you. I miss you!
Post a Comment