Thursday, September 24, 2009

So this morning Ricky carried a half asleep Kelly downstairs. Looking at her, about a forth of the leopard bands in her hair were unwrapped, although still snapped. Not a good sign. I proceeded to unroll and unsnap the rest, and ta-da, we have waves. Amazingly most of the locks were going in somewhat of the same direction. But the real test was a look in the mirror. The result...Approval. Whew! Even her brothers gave a thumbs up. Well, that might be an exaggeration, I should say they didn't say anything negative about Kelly's new look.

So overall the morning went well. Connor flew out the door early to cadet. Forgot his lunch but no biggy. The other three were also ready with smiles in plenty of time. Kelly even squeezed in finishing a Spanish worksheet that she forgot to do the night before.

Then out the door we go. Found a moment to snap a few pictures. But suddenly realized one person dropped the ball on picture day. That someone being ME! I forgot to fill out the picture forms. So I ended up rushing around at the last minute anyway. That's to be expected.



1 comment:

Beth said...

oh...how I remember those mornings...glad, yet sad they are gone!