Here at our house Valentine's Day is not celebrated with romance. The indulgence is all about our love for sweets! So it has become a tradition that we celebrate the day with a special treat. We also prepare to share some love with our friends at school. This year was no different. I had big plans to make V-day something special. But like usual, things don't go as planned here at the McElvain house. Read on for the rest of the story...
I was inspired by the Studio Calico blog, to make heart shaped crayons with Kelly to give to her classmates. A messy project, but the first crayon turned out swell, so we were on our way to making 25 more, until....
But wait, I have more valentine ideas. To use my Kohl's coupon today and surprise the kids with a Cuisinart ice cream/slushy maker. That way we could instantly make some yummies. But here is Kelly sitting with our new appliance informing me as the time up approaches, that our soda is far from becoming slush. Come to find when I read the directions that the canister was to be frozen for 6 to 22 hours. Go figure?So my last minute Valentine's plans went bust. But we all got a good laugh. And I was reminded that there is always one thing that I can count on a day like today...my mom, she made us a delicious cake. Also, there are always those Pillsbury break and bake holiday cookies. Even I can make those to perfection!
Happy Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
Funny. And sad about the crayons...why did they burn through? Was it silicone? Or just an ice cube tray? I have these on my to-do with Katie list!
Post a Comment