Sometimes I wonder if it will be hard to find things to scrapbook about as my kids get older. That is yet to be determined. As for now I still like scrapbooking about even the oldest of my four. There is much to contemplate since he is my first to experience life's progress and changes.
So the journaling reads...Lately it is as if you are changing in front of my eyes. My first baby is turning into a young man. As I am watching you I am proud of who you are becoming.
But it is not always easy to watch. Lately at some moments, Connor is distancing himself from me. I know it is just a normal part of growing up, but an adjustment for Mom. I am use his exhausting need for attention, and his gracious way of interacting with adults. I have gotten use to him telling me everything about his day and his friends. Now when I ask some questions about what is going on in his life, those questions are not always answered and I am told it is "weird" that I ask.
Well, I am not going to stop watching no matter how weird it may seem to the teenager. I will just have to figure out how to watch from a little further away so that he has his needed space. I am sure with some patience and time we will both figure out this part of life together as we have all the others.
So the journaling reads...Lately it is as if you are changing in front of my eyes. My first baby is turning into a young man. As I am watching you I am proud of who you are becoming.
But it is not always easy to watch. Lately at some moments, Connor is distancing himself from me. I know it is just a normal part of growing up, but an adjustment for Mom. I am use his exhausting need for attention, and his gracious way of interacting with adults. I have gotten use to him telling me everything about his day and his friends. Now when I ask some questions about what is going on in his life, those questions are not always answered and I am told it is "weird" that I ask.
Well, I am not going to stop watching no matter how weird it may seem to the teenager. I will just have to figure out how to watch from a little further away so that he has his needed space. I am sure with some patience and time we will both figure out this part of life together as we have all the others.
3 comments:
love love love this layout Katherine.....I get chills everytime I read your posts! You are so inspiring <3
Donna C.
I love this layout! The picture with the reeds (if that's what they are), behind him are perfect!
Oh the changes of our young men. Enjoy the journey .. it is worth it!!
Post a Comment