Thursday, April 15, 2010

Collection Day

April 15th...tax day. We could say that it is the day to celebrate the government's collection of our money. So in honor of today let me share with you some collections...
The above picture is from a blog called A Collection A Day, 2010. The author posts a new collection everyday. Many of her collections are made of vintage finds. I wonder where she gets all her little trinkets?


That made me think about our home, and what we collect. Kelly collects little yellow ducks, Kevin a variety of lego building sets.

I have a collection of yard sticks. Why you might ask? Well, I do have creative plans for them, but for now I'm just collecting.


Connor has a collection of license plates hanging on his bedroom wall. Some date back as far as 1941. And Delaney has a shoe box filled with a collection of junk she considers treasure.

Ricky, poor guy...I don't think he collects anything. He does have a nice assortment of caps that he either purchased or that have been given to him over the years. Nothing you would put on display, they are tucked away in his dresser out of sight.

After thinking about all this stuff I wonder what the attraction is to collecting a multitude of the same thing? Just fun I guess. Anyway, I was wondering on this tax day...What do you collect?

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I don't collect anything, but am really curious to see what you make of your yardsticks. Maybe I better start gathering some, too. :) I got one the other day for Tyler, and we cut it in half and taped one remote to each half...now they don't get lost! :)

Elizabeth said...

I want to know what your creative plans are for yardsticks, too!!

I collect scrapbook supplies.

Anonymous said...

You are too cute. On the 15th you think of collections - I was up all night finally doing my taxes. The state collected monies from me this year - yuck! I collect snowmen but trying to thin out my collection knowing that in a year or so I'll be merging with another household & will be told something has to go. Bye-bye snowmen - hello, more scrapbook supplies. smile. bonnie