Monday, April 12, 2010

This morning the alarm went off at 6:30. A booming awakening to the fact that Easter break has come to a grinding halt. The kids are off at school and Ricky is in bed asleep trying to rest up after his 80 hour work week (no spring break for him), so here I sit in my peaceful house. Although there is plenty of chores for me to do, I thought I would take some time to give a recap of our families week together.

Even though Ricky was missing from home most of the week, we spent time with him on the first part of break when we all took a road trip to Michigan. I was excited to have a special offer to reactivate my satellite radio into car, so I did so for the long ride. Only thing is, the air conditioning didn't work in the van (mind you, that lemon of a Dodge is less than 2 years old). The temperature was close to 80 that day. It is hard to hear my retro alternative tunes when the wind is howling through the windows. Never the less, we arrived safely, a little wind blown, but safely, and had some great times with the McElvain side of the family.

Before leaving for Michigan I have to admit we were all a bit disappointed not to be in Milwaukee celebrating holy week at our own church, but that was quickly pushed aside when we saw how great Grandma Mac was doing. It was wonderful to talk to her, hear the stories of her recovery, and witness how far she has come. We are all so proud of her, and glad to have her back home! That was truely the best Easter blessing we could have had!

And what is Easter break without some creativity. We colored eggs Martha Stewart style (or at least tried to). And Connor started base guitar lessons. As if he wasn't noisy enough.

And I have to add Kelly and her friends playing a game of Apples to Apples in the tree is getting pretty creative too.

We did some traveling around town and not only to the grocery store and Target but to the zoo, Discovery World and the Humane Society.


Kelly's birthday usually falls during our vacation week. So this year we started her birthday celebration this with some girl time, miniture golf, a movie in the backyard with a fire, a sleepover, and then some fishing with Grandpa the next morning at the park. Whew...


And there was also some relaxing time at home. Visits from friends and family, tv, video games, reading, staying up late, and sleeping in, playing games, kids fighting and teasing, mom getting mad....oh, I think I will stop there.

Connor kept in touch with his classmates that has gone to Washington DC without him via text messaging, and was a good sport about being with his family instead of his friends.

So we spent some good quality time together!
And amazingly my house is more tidy now than it was at the beginning of the week. If that is the case it had to have been a good Spring Break!

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Looks like lots of fun!