Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Growing Girl

We have a birthday today in the family. Kelly is 10!

Although most kids feel a sense of accomplishment to be entering the age of double digits, Kelly is not. Last night as I tucked her into bed, she voiced her disappointment in turning 10. Remembering that last year she did not want to turn 9, she said she that again this year she still wished she was 8 years old. In my head I started to worry. But her next comment put me at ease. She contemplated that 11 was a good number, so she is willing to turn 10 this year to get to age 11 on her next birthday. Ok then?!
So worries aside, the whole age thing is not overshadowing the day. This morning as she woke up to her huge Happy Birthday greeting on the front sidewalk she looked happy to be turning 10.

While I was taking that photo of her today, thoughts went through my head...she is getting so big, maybe I have issues with double digits? It seem that in such a short time I have watched her grow from a baby to a toddler, and now a 9 year old to 10 year old; and yet I have no reservations about her growing up. I find she gets more and more wonderful every year. Therefore, my birthday prayer today is one of thanks. Thanking God for blessing me with such a pretty little girl, and blessing me with the opportunity to be with her everyday to watch her grow!

Happy Birthday Kelly!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

very sweet. Love the sidewalk greeting! I hope she had a wonderful birthday!