Monday, April 19, 2010

Out With The New, In With The New

CHECK IT OUT!!! Yes that is a shiny new 2010 Honda Odyssey!

I haven't had a new car since...well, since a year and half ago when we brought home a 2008 Dodge Caravan that my mom and dad purchased for us.

What??? Let me explain...

In the past year we had that new Dodge into the service shop more times than I can mention. Driving to Michigan without the air conditioning was the final straw. So we decided to say goodbye to it before the warranty ran out, afraid that we would soon have to start paying to fix that lemon.

But getting a brand new car, a free trial of XM radio, even picking out the color, is very exciting, but not a ordinary occurrence here at the McElvain house. In the past, Ricky and I have been spoiled with my parents generosity in passing on to us their hand me down cars. And it hasn't been since 1995 that we shopped for a car of our own when we bought our used 1993 Honda Accord that Ricky is still zooming around on the roads with today. We are hoping that this Honda will give us the same reliability. Although, I am very excited to have this new ride, I'm not sure I would want to keep it for 15 years like the Accord. Maybe 12 years? It's so fun to get something new!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

TOTALLY jealous of your shiny new wheels. Even if it's a minivan :)