Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Weekend Away Is Like A Bad Hangover

Ouch! I just can't get over the big weekend. I happened to fall asleep last night with the kids, recovering from the 3am nights of the past few days. Ricky did a little cleaning around the house after I crashed, but it is still a disaster. Mostly from the piles of my supplies that have taken over the kitchen.

From what I remember about those hangover days, the one thing that can make you feel better is the memory of how fun it was getting the hangover in the first place. So I guess I will page through all the goodies I bought at Hannah's (by the way they have the entire Pink Paislee line, wowza!), and gander at the layouts I produced last weekend. This was Kelly's favorite of the bunch. It made her giggle when she read the little phrase on it that says "Who did this to my hair?" and remembered the boys loading her head up with barrettes. Connor commented that his sister still gives him that same look today, as she did six years ago. I think he's right, I have seen that look quite frequently.

For anyone who purchased the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday Chipboard sheet...I think it should have come with some instructions. This weekend Elizabeth and I were trying to figure out why all the circles and funny shapes on the sheet. We finally figured out they are to layer on the shapes to make them three dimensional. Ah-ha! Sometimes you have to really use your brain to scrapbook.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

OMG! Adorable layout! OMG I must go to Hannah's! Thanks for (parenthe-sizing) that comment! So glad I stopped by today to read! Congrats on the publication too!

Beth said...

OK - I used this papre too this weekend. I didn't figure out the layer thing like you did. I may have to do some tweeking. I'm off to Hannah's (again) within the week!