Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Can't Wait for Lunch

Let me start this post by saying the best part of today is that my hubby is home from his work related trip to Buffalo MN. It is SOOO wonderful to have him back.

With that being said let me announce what also makes me happy today. It is what I am having for lunch. Why would anyone care? Well maybe you won't, but I am thrilled to have a taste from the past when I bite into the Lindy's #7 "working class hero" sub that is waiting in my fridge. The first time I had one was over 20 years ago at my old college stomping grounds of LaCrosse WI. For the three years I lived there a #7 was my favorite food treat. Always great after a late night out on Third Street. I think it is so funny that Lindy's still has the same names for their subs, and circle the #7 on the order form just like they did back in the day. Ricky was so nice to go out of his way to stop and pick one up for me on his way home. I am a lucky girl. So as I eat my sub this afternoon I will reminisce about the fun times at UWL. I just hope with this cold in my head that I will be able to taste it.

No comments: