Connor's class held science lab today at Sunburst ski hill. How fun is that? The seventh and eighth graders studied physics as they scooted their little buts down the hill on tubes. Ricky went along as a chaperon.
Side note: If I, the scrapbooker, would have gone on the field trip, there would be a picture for this post, but as it was no camera went along, so no picture.
Anyway, Ricky commented that most of what Connor and his pals learned was if four tubers attached themselves together as they sped down the hill, they traveled faster and farther, and finally crashed into the snow barrier at the end of the tubing run! (Getting over the barrier into the parking lot on the other side was the ultimate goal.) And if you put your dad on one of those tubes you really went fast and really crashed!
Final note: So with Ricky chaparoning we didn't get a picture of the day, but on the other hand I'm sure I wouldn't have been crashing into the snow barrier with the boys. I am positive that Ricky was the better choice for a chaperon on this field trip, and a more exiting teacher when it comes to physics. I'll stick to the reading and writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment