Well, my dream picture was not captured. Instead this is the picture that was shot when our umbrella immediately blew inside out and sent us into an uncontrolled giggle. I have to admit that last night, I was disappointed that I did not get my perfect picture, or even one in focus. But today I realize that this IS the perfect picture to describe our great time spent with friends. That's because it was not a somber evening, but instead a night where we were able to laugh about the serious, and not so serious happenings... the extra 20 pounds some of us have gained, the job insecurities, our personality flaws, possible house foreclosure, the MS, wrinkles, and the mishaps (for lack of a better word) life is dealing out.
Life for Polly and John is definitely inside out right now, and a lot of bad weather is surrounding them. But last night it was good to just laugh at it all, appreciate what we all have, and look forward to some good times ahead. So this blurry picture is the one... the one to remind me that life is unexpected, and friends like Polly are precious.
3 comments:
I'm glad you were able to spend time with Polly. Although I am unaware of what rough waters their family is going through I will keep them in my prayers. Had it not been for the prayers of others for me, I may have not made it through my tough time so smoothly.
I think that is the perfect picture--the laughter and inside out umbrella is just right. Nothing can cure those somber and serious moments and happenings like a good friend can.
Your stories always help remind me of the great people in my life. Thank u for such a great story, and a great photo. I'm glad u had a great night with no worries.
Post a Comment