Friday, February 20, 2009

Kindergarten Ready?

Today I took Delaney for her "kindergarten readiness evaluation". Back in the day all you needed to be ready for kindergarten was to know how to play with your friends. But I will save that topic for another day. Anyway, this day can be stressful for a couple of reasons. They say the evaluation is not a test, but I know differently since my first child did not pass, and was told to wait a year before entering K5. Looking back that was somewhat questionable, but one of the best things that has happened to our family. Since then we waited and extra year with Kevin and now Delaney to enter kindergarten. I like spending time with my kids at home when they are little and that extra year is such a blessing.

So with Delaney being five already I am not concerned if she will be ready for kindergarten. I am more stressed with the question...Am I ready?

After her testing today we went to the donut shop to celebrate. As I was buckling her into the car she leaned over and told me "I like this day". I like this day too:) And I will miss having her all to myself next year and having days like these.




2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That makes me cry! But you'll survive. :) I love your blog, btw. I read all of your posts today. I just love you.

Beth said...

I couldn't agree more with you about the whole kindergarten thing. The longer they are at home the better. In the big scheme of things, what's another year. 4 year olds should not have to sit behind a desk all day...they should be having fun. Everyone evens out in the end anyway and you can't put a pricetag on spending valuable time with your child!! DOn't mean to ramble.....