I don't know that Ricky and I have ever gone out on a traditional Valentine's Day celebration. Too Hallmark for us I guess. But our February 14ths are always filled with lots of love. This is where it was today...The day started with a 9am basketball game where I was able to sit next to my hubby the whole time while we watched Kevin and his team play. It's not everyday I get to be next to him for an hour and awake at the same time.
This afternoon I took the kids to Swartz books to use some gift cards that had been given to them. Although I was questioned by two different individuals if all four children were mine, I feel as if the trip went well. No one was greedy, and there weren't any tears. Afterwards we went to V Richard's to pick out a special desert for the big holiday. Amazingly everyone agreed on the same choice. Now that's some love for sure.
Then tonight, even though I had already bought some sweats, my mom had made us a cheesecake, ready for pickup (or delivery). That kind of love comes our way multiple times a week from her. We are so spoiled.
Gifts have never been a tradition for us on this day either, so this Valentine's Day I didn't get flowers or chocolates, BUT... I did come home to a newly installed laundry tub! Now that's enough to make a girl feel special...Not every man can do plumbing you know? Ricky was rewarded with a twelve pack of Genius and another of Harp. Some pretty special beer for the man I love, not to mention it was on sale at the grocery store.
So that's a peak into our Valentine's Day 2009. Lot's of love among all the bugs I must say!
3 comments:
awwwwwwwwww
cute!!!!
The little bugs atop the cake are just too cute.
Post a Comment