Thursday, June 11, 2009

Surprise...

Becoming a six year old....That means you are old enough to get a much awaited American Girl Doll, but still little enough that your parents can drive you all the way to Chicago without a clue as to what is happening.

It was so fun for us to surprise you and watch you wander the store, skipping from one display to the next. When you came upon a pink dress or a blond haired doll you squeaked and gasped with excitement. You loved it all!
But it must have been exhausting making the choice of what to bring home, since both you and your doll took a nap on the way back to Milwaukee.

Delaney, we enjoyed the day as much as you.
Happy Birthday to our littlest big girl!

6 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That's so cute! What a lucky girl.

Beth said...

I love these pictures. What a great day for you all!

Elizabeth said...

So, who did she pick???

jessicaj said...

Gracie got hers at Age 6 as well! That must be the magic # for American Girl Doll ownership. I love the picture of her asleep with her new friend!

Katherine said...

She picked Gwen. She is the friend of Chirissa who is the 2009 doll of the year. I guess we could call her friend of the year.

Wendy Lee said...

I love the story!!! I am sure she will love her doll just the same. Annalise got hers at 5 1/2 years old. Our trip to Chicago happens every November. Oh the joy of following them around the store!! :) I hope she enjoys her, and Happy Birthday!!